Re: postgresql-7.2b5.tar.gz - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: postgresql-7.2b5.tar.gz
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18 Jan 2002, Jason Earl wrote:

> > > The file is certainly gzipped on the FTP server.  I'm wondering if
> > > your
> > > browser "helpfully" decompressed it as it came in (which might have been
> > > actually somewhat helpful, if it changed the filename, too ...)
> >

> > Sure enough, looks like Mozilla *was* trying to be helpful.
> >
> > It turns out if you hold down <shift> while clicking on the link (to
> > prevent trying to view a file in the browser instead of downloading)
> > then the file gets automatically uncompressed. If you click the link
> > without <shift>ing, the compressed file comes down as is.
> >
> > Sorry for crying wolf!
> >
> > Joe
>
> That's why nowadays I right click on links choose "Copy Link Address"
> and paste link into an xterm where I can safely use wget to actually
> download the darn thing.

Please tell me that works with the php sources.  I had it at one point
but can't find the trick.  Quite often I need to download php to a
machine that doesn't have lynx and is not local.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com