Re: [GENERAL] Oracle to Pg tool - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Oracle to Pg tool
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Thu, 10 May 2001, Gilles DAROLD wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Another point regarding /contrib or other directory like /tools is to
> > > centralize tools for Pg. Also I can't be sure to always have an URL.
> > > This one is dependant on the company I'm working now.
> >
> > There's your "yes" Bruce.  So when you move them there (hopefully to
> > something like /contrib/tools) I'll change the info on the related
> > page.
>
> Done.  Should I make /contrib/tools, /contrib/conversion,
> /contrib/extensions, or just leave it alone?

No, that should be ok.

> FYI, now that it is in /contrib, it really doesn't have a URL, except
> the URL to the CVS:
>
>     http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/contrib/
>
> When the web copy updates, it will be in:
>
>         http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/contrib/oracle
>
> but as separate files, not as a  tarball.

Right, I should be able to just point to the directory but let me think
on that as I may cron a tarball creation.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com