Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 16 Oct 2001, Rick Turner wrote:

> Is there some way to revert back to the V7.0.x way of naming things?
Probably not.

> Or is there some workaround to allow one to reasonably manage large
> databases under V7.1.x?
In contrib there's a utility oid2name which will give the number/name
mappings for databases and tables.

The reason tables got renamed into numbers was due to rollbacks of
drops or drops followed by creates in the same transaction.  I assume
that the plan was to move databases in the same direction (although it
looks like create database and drop database both error when called
within an explicit begin block).