Re: PostgreSQL & the BSD License - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: PostgreSQL & the BSD License
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Chris Bitmead wrote:

> John Daniels wrote:
>
> > This is probably best done in stages, first notifying other BSD projects
> > that PostgreSQL will update the BSD license (on July xx) by extending
> > coverage to all developers and extending the term of coverage to 2000, and
> > inviting them to do the same. (It only makes sense for them to do likewise)
>
> It doesn't make sense because it appears that they did this a long time
> ago. It is us who needs to catch up and go to the freebsd licence.

Correct about us catching up, incorrect about us 'going to the freebsd
license' ... as Thomas has pointed out, just replacing our currently
worded BSD license with the newer one may not be possible, but I am
currently investigating this and will report back once I hear back :)