Re: Comparison PostgreSQL 7.0 vs. Interbase2000 (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Comparison PostgreSQL 7.0 vs. Interbase2000 (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 May 2000, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> > I'v ebeen asked to write an article comparing these two. Before I agree
> > like to know if anyone's having some pointers for me.
>
> There has been some discussion on this list some time ago. You can look in
> the archices on www.postgresql.org for Jan-Feb-Mar 2000.
>
> Unfortunately, the search engine is down, and the overview by index and
> date only has the last week of each month, so your only option right now is
> to take the mbox format and wade through it.

I just checked now, and other then being slower then it was (am
investigating that), it just returned results for me ... we are havign a
problem that is under investigation where the postmaster freezes up for no
apparent reason, requiring a manual restart, so its possible that you got
caught by that :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org