Re: Comparison PostgreSQL 7.0 vs. Interbase2000 (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kaare Rasmussen
Subject Re: Comparison PostgreSQL 7.0 vs. Interbase2000 (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Unfortunately, the search engine is down, and the overview by index and
> > date only has the last week of each month, so your only option right now > > to take the mbox format and wade
throughit.

> I just checked now, and other then being slower then it was (am
> investigating that), it just returned results for me ... we are havign a
> problem that is under investigation where the postmaster freezes up for no
> apparent reason, requiring a manual restart, so its possible that you got
> caught by that :(

It _is_ slow alright! I'm trying a search and after a couple of minutes I
still haven't received a reply. Did you remember to vacuum the dabasase?
:-)

OK, now I got an answer, but what about the second problem, that if you go
to the hackers mailing list and select by index or by thread, you only get
the last week of each month?

Kaki Data                tshirts, merchandize      Fax:        3816 2582
Howitzvej 75               �ben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        L�rdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk