Re: 7.0 key features - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: 7.0 key features
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 9 May 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > I left the prediction in because this is not a big-feature release, and
> > I wanted people to know what we were planning.  This is the first
> > release where we have definate plans for new features in the next
> > release.
>
> Seems most appropriate to put this info on the web site, where it is
> less formal and more easily changed/updated/removed. We already could
> be mentioning the TOAST work, etc etc as ongoing projects and outer
> joins are in that category too.
>
> Vince, is there a place where we could put this kind of stuff?
> Somewhere in the developer's lounge area? Perhaps a summary page of
> ongoing projects and then links to specific pages for each project
> where necessary?

Already is:  http://www.Postgresql.org/projects/index.html   Jan's
been maintaining it.  The projects on that page aren't necessarily
planned for the next release tho (what's there now very well might
be but that's not the intent of the page), so we may want to have
a more specific list pointing there.

BTW, I'm currently waiting on some graphics (already have some) to
put the Developer's Corner and User's Lounge online.  With some out
of town travel coming up I may not be able to get it online till
the beginning of June tho.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop