Re: ``..Advice For New Immigrants... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: ``..Advice For New Immigrants...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 10:48 PM 5/4/00 -0400, Mike Mascari wrote:
> >W-A-S-P@tscudfht.gov wrote:
> >>
> >> If you are feeling unwelcome in a country they just recently kicked
> >> the door down on, perhaps they could take a few tips to ease their
> adjustment.
> >
> >This is starting to get beyond ridiculous.
>
> Why exactly is the Usenet gateway useful?  What's the problem with
> raising the bar to, say, people who know how to use the web or
> majordomo?

What's wrong with being patient while I work with the Majordomo2 guys
towards getting the bug fixed?  Which I've applied tonight, so this
*should* no longer happen ... like our code has always been perfect?

Come on ... out of several hundred legit email, we get one in that is
spam, and *before* we moved to majordomo2, and had proper restrict_post in
place, it was zero ... the gateway has been there for >1year now, its only
since going to majordomo2 that anyone has really noticed it ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org