New Search Engine ... UdmSearch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject New Search Engine ... UdmSearch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Well, we've finally gotten what seems to be a working version of this
going, and, so far, I'm quite impressed...

If you go to http://www.postgresql.org/cgi/search.cgi (URL to change), you
can see it in action.

The WebMaster still has to do formatting work on it, and link it into the
main site, and the database is just being populated right now, and ...

... but its a start.

So far, from what i've seen, its a nice tool ... I like the fact that
there is no such thing as "Search downtime", since the indexer can run
while ppl are seaching.  With ht/Dig, while it was indexing, the databases
were down and you couldn't search anything...

And, I think, its much faster then the old, but am not sure about that...

Oh well, give her a go, but expect changes over the next little while as
we integrate it better...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org