Re: [HACKERS] compression in LO and other fields - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] compression in LO and other fields
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     I  don't know if there's a compression library available that
>     fit's our need. First and  most  important  it  must  have  a
>     license  that  permits  us  to include it in the distribution
>     under our existing license. Second it's  implementation  must
>     not  cause any problems in the backend like memory leakage or
>     the like.

Is this something that could be a configure option?  Put the stubs in
place, and if someone wants to enable that feature, they can install the
compression library first and run with it?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org