Re: About OID and the commands/operators STRING( ... ) ..AS and + - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: About OID and the commands/operators STRING( ... ) ..AS and +
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Jarmo Paavilainen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suspect that OID are reused, but how fast are they reused?

IIRC, they are not reused at all.

> And does PostgreSQL support the STRING and AS command?

What does STRING do?  I don't see a function with that name, but
it's possible we have it with a different name.
If it's just cast value to a string, then use text(field) or
field::text.