About OID and the commands/operators STRING( ... )..AS and + - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jarmo Paavilainen
Subject About OID and the commands/operators STRING( ... )..AS and +
Date
List pgsql-general
> > I suspect that OID are reused, but how fast are they reused?
>
> IIRC, they are not reused at all.

Not even if a row is deleted?
Wont PostgreSQL run out of OID after a while (maybe long time, but anyway).

> > And does PostgreSQL support the STRING and AS command?
> What does STRING do?  I don't see a function with that name, but
> it's possible we have it with a different name.
> If it's just cast value to a string, then use text(field) or

Cast to string... Exactly what I was looking for, thanx. (Maybe STRING(...)
is Sybase stuff).

// Jarmo