Re: [HACKERS] Next release is 7.0(?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Next release is 7.0(?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Because the next release is going to probably be 7.0, if people have
> backward compatability library code that they have been dying to remove,
> this is the time for it.
>
> I don't recommend removing backward compatability with 6.4 or 6.5
> releases, but if you have some code that is hanging around just to be
> compatible with 6.1 or earlier, I think it can be removed now.

Then perhaps we can also overhaul the installation.  I installed about
5 times this past week and have it down to 4 or 5 steps (not including
regression testing).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you
seenhttp://www.pop4.net?       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop