Re: [HACKERS] Next release is 7.0(?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Next release is 7.0(?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Because the next release is going to probably be 7.0, if people have
> > backward compatability library code that they have been dying to remove,
> > this is the time for it.
> >
> > I don't recommend removing backward compatability with 6.4 or 6.5
> > releases, but if you have some code that is hanging around just to be
> > compatible with 6.1 or earlier, I think it can be removed now.
> >

> Then perhaps we can also overhaul the installation.  I installed about
> 5 times this past week and have it down to 4 or 5 steps (not including
> regression testing).

Great.  That certainly needs a cleanup.  My ideal would be to have a
list of short instructions, and then have footnotes people would go to
when they had a problem with a certain item.  Not sure how to do that in
sgml.

If we did it in html, they could click on something when they had a
problem, but html instructions are hard if you don't have a browser.

Pennsylvania19026