Re: [HACKERS] History of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] History of PostgreSQL
Date
Re: [HACKERS] History of PostgreSQL  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 30 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > BTW, what's the birthday of our project?
> > Andrew/Jolly stoped development ~ May 1996.
> > Mark, can you remember/find when you posted your historic
> > message to Postgres'95 mailing list?
>
> I may have that somewhere, though the start of development was at the
> beginning of July, perhaps July 3rd.

The furthest back I have is sometime in '97 ... I didn't really start
gettign into saving my 'sent-mail' logs until then :(

The oldest files in CVS is:

287027    2 -r-xr-xr-x    1 scrappy          pgsql                 585 Sep
28  1994 /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/Attic/avail-actions,v

Geez, has it been almost 4years now??

Systems Administrator @ hub.org