Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release date and docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release date and docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 27 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Are you going to generate HISTORY from (sgml) for this release?  If so, I
> > > will skip updating that.
> >
> > Yes. So, I'm going to be out of town from this evening through the
> > holiday weekend. And I would need a few days (4?; could shrink it a
> > bit by taking a day from work) to prepare postscript hardcopy for a
> > release.
> >
> > Are we on track to release June 1? If so, I'd like to derail it by a
> > few days to get the hardcopy docs prepared. If not, I won't need to
> > take the fall for asking for a slip ;)
>
> No one has requested any kind of slip from June 1.  I may if we can't
> get these final items done on the open list.  My major item is to fix
> the psql \h, man pages, and docs for the new locking parameters from
> Vadim.  That will have to be done before the release, and I haven't done
> them yet.  We also need regression tests from numeric.  I would say we
> should target June 4 or June 7 for the release, depending on whether we
> need the weekend.  We are certainly in good shape for this release,
> though.

Let's make it June 7th...I prefer a Monday release to a Friday one, and if
Thomas needs a little more time for the docs, and you have a couple of
things you want dealt with, take the extra couple of days...

Let's lock her down for June 7th though...Vince?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org