Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> >    June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.
>
>     The latest discussions on rules discovered some problems with
>     the rewrite system.
>
>     It seems that varlevelsup in rule actions subselects get lost
>     somehow.   And  while  at  it I saw some out of range varno's
>     generated for rules group by entries.
>
>     I really hope to find the bugs until June  1st,  but  if  not
>     this is IMHO a show stopper - no?

As things stand now, we have about 30 days until release...if you find
that, as time draws close, you need a few more days, let us know and we'll
postpone it.  I'd like to avoid postponing it *too* much, since we are
already doing so by about a month, but if a few extra days will make the
difference for you, so be it...

As long as ppl don't start throwing in *new* code instead of just fixing
*existing* code, I'm not so 'prickish' about the release date.  Its when
we get show-stoppers resulting from new code that gets me :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org