Numeric data types (formerly "v6.5 Release Date ...") - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael J Davis
Subject Numeric data types (formerly "v6.5 Release Date ...")
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The following web site contains a set mathematical functions that looks
interesting:

http://www.boic.com/numintro.htm <http://www.boic.com/numintro.htm>

Maybe you should consider using this to implement the numeric and decimal
data types rather than writing or re-writing from scratch.  The license is
only $99. If it works it could save Jan a lot of time.  I would be more than
willing to purchase a license for PostgreSQL if this will help.  Well, I
thought it was interesting.

Thanks, Michael
-----Original Message-----From:    jwieck@debis.com [SMTP:jwieck@debis.com]Sent:    Thursday, April 29, 1999 10:12
AMTo:   scrappy@hub.orgCc:    pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.orgSubject:    Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>    June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.
    The latest discussions on rules discovered some problems with    the rewrite system.
    It seems that varlevelsup in rule actions subselects get lost    somehow.   And  while  at  it I saw some out of
rangevarno's    generated for rules group by entries.

    I really hope to find the bugs until June  1st,  but  if  not    this is IMHO a show stopper - no?

Jan
--

wrongthan for being

right. ## Let's break this rule - forgive me.
Wieck) #