Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Thomas Good wrote:

> I beg to differ Marc - you have the Tories.  They are afflicted with the
> same brand of dementia.  Not that Labour is much better.  ;-)

Okay, I'll giv eyou tha tone... :)

> Pray tell how `Canadian Based' is postgres really?  I always
> assumed it had more Berkeley ties (geographically) than anything else.
> Guess I misapprehended the situation (again ;-)...with the FreeBSD
> project being based (loosely, I admit) in Concord, CALIF, I thought
> hub.org was the northern spur of a rather large project...

Based as in the development server is in Canada..."geographically", the
project itself has no location...hell, we have this major island floating
out there in Russia, with alot of the developers being Europe based...

FreeBSD is "based" in Concord, CALIF, as PostgreSQL is "based" in
Thornhill, Ontario...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org