Re: [HACKERS] Bushy Plans fixed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Bushy Plans fixed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Frankly, I would like to enable bushy plans and right-handed plans by
> default.  The optimizer is now fast enough that a 9-table join is almost
> instantaneous, even with bush plans.  People are not sophisticated
> enough to know when to enables these options themselves. I am not sure I
> am either.  I would like to enables both, fix whatever breaks, and
> programmatically enable the options when they make sense.

Sounds reasonable to me...I know, in my case, it isn't something I'd think
to enable, and tend to be the type that uses btree's for indices all the
time cause I don't really understand why/where I'd use others...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org