Re: [HACKERS] Missing headers Windows NT port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Missing headers Windows NT port
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > Hi David,
> >

> > > I'm impressed so far.
> > Yeah, it's a wonderfull world ;-)
> >
> > > Getting ahead of myself...
> > >
> > > What the overhead of the cygwin32 environment?  (price, etc.)
> > Nop. Nothing Nada, all GNU.
>
> We only have a GNU problem about including GNU stuff INTO the source
> tree, because it GNU'ifies our BSD license.  Other than that, we all use
> GNU stuff.

    Actually, I don't think we could if we even wanted to...the BSD
licencse itself states that its freely distributable as long as the
copyright stays in tact...so, if we were to put GPL code into it, would we
be breaking the BSD copyright :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org