Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS  (dg@illustra.com (David Gould))
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> Linux really isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.

    You haven't been around very long, have you?  Ask Thomas, one of
the core developers and a Linux user, what Linux' history has been like as
far as PostgreSQL  :)

    Anyone that has been here long enough knows how I feel about
Linux, and they know that I enjoy Baiting as much as possible, cause,
quite frankly...you guys are *sooooo* easy to bait :)

> You spend far too much time engaging in sniper warfare against Linux and
> its users in this group.  While I agree with you that Linux has some
> philosophical issues that I'm not completly happy with its users do not
> need our remarks or appriciate our efforts to 'save' them.

    Geez, I wasn't even considering philosophical issues...I was
considering the issues of portability issues as far as PostgreSQL was/is
concerned...

    ...look at the mailing list archives...its been a nightmare,
specially with the new glibc "standard" that is only standard on Linux :(

> Besides, everyone knows that Satanix is the one true OS.  :)

    Err?  What's Satanix and where can I get a copy? :)