Re: [HACKERS] Variable block size... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Variable block size...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Well, it's OK to leave _one_ feature for v6.4. Bruce is probably
> > > tired of typing the feature list :)
> > >
> > > Also, we still have a few loose ends for v6.3. But, I'll bet Darren's stuff can
> > > go in and not affect anything if we run using the current block size.

> > Great chance of having it by Friday if not sooner.  I'll get on it tonite.
> >
> > Wasn't sure where the line in the sand was for "adding features" vs "fixing bugs."
>
> I think Marc is getting softer on this issue.  [Ducks head]

    Moi?  Never...some ppl have shown over time a...dedication towards
fixing any bugs they introduce in a *very* timely manner *grin*  A little
leeway, as appropriate, tends to reap large rewards for all
parties...specially if we can help improve disk space usage by providing
the ability to tailor disk block size used :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org