More on 7.0.2 compile problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Subject More on 7.0.2 compile problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
I did a grep -n snprintf * */* */*/* from the src directory,
and I seen something odd in the output:

backend/port:2:snprintf.c^@^@^@{^R^_^@^T^@    \
srandom.c^A^A^A^A{^R ^@^X^@^L\
strcasecmp.c^@^@^@^@P^R!^@^T^@

(all of that is one line)  This is the only odd bit of output
in the grep.  Doing a directory edit with emacs doesn't show any
odd characters in the file name, but srandom.c and strcasecmp.c
are the 2 files following snprintf.c in the listing.  There are
a couple of strange looking symbollic links (go up 2 levels, then
back down the same 2 levels they went up, and then down to a
subdirectory of port).  I'm guessing that this directory strangeness
is what is causing the make to fail, but I have never seen anything
like this before.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca