Re: Default operator class for data type boolean for access method gist is missing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Default operator class for data type boolean for access method gist is missing
Date
List pgsql-general
På søndag 23. mars 2014 kl. 09:59:27, skrev Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>:
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no> wrote:

> I'm trying to define the following exclusion-constraint
>

> alter table my_table add EXCLUDE USING gist (is_default WITH =, daterange(valid_from, valid_to, '[)') WITH &&) WHERE (is_default = true);
>

> But it fails with:
> ERROR:  data type boolean has no default operator class for access method
> "gist"
> HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default
> operator class for the data type.
>
> I have the btree_gist extension installed.
>
> So, my question is; Is there an existing operator-class I can install to make
> this work, and if not - how do I make it?

CAST is to int?

test=# create table xx(b bool, tr tsrange, exclude using gist(b with =, tr with &&));
ERROR:  data type boolean has no default operator class for access method "gist"
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default operator class for the data type.
Time: 3,160 ms
test=*# create table xx(b bool, tr tsrange, exclude using gist((b::int) with =, tr with &&));
CREATE TABLE
Time: 3,621 ms

Nice workaround, thanks.

--