PostgreSQL Win32 Port / psqlODBC driver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Webmaster Bebe Nounou
Subject PostgreSQL Win32 Port / psqlODBC driver
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi,

I'm actually very interested in the win32 port you are working on.
We today use PostgreSQL on Cygwin/Windows 2000 for our website in production state (over 600000 hits per month) and it works great !
Nevertheless, we encounter several times a day a bug wich seems to be due to psqlodbc (unattended disconnections occur between our webserver and the database) ...
Just 2 questions :
=> Can you advice us where to found clues or support on this problem ? We have on our own already looked for answers on the web. We have found many people facing the same problem but no answers ...
=> In your global win32 project, do you have any plan to release a new version of the psqlODBC driver ?

Thanks in advance for your precious help on this point and globally for all the work you are doing on Postgres !

Stephane Decleire

FYI :

When the bug occures, we get the following message on the PostgreSQL logfile :
    2004-03-30 15:19:04 LOG:  pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer
and simultaneously we get the folowwing message on our scripts on the webserver :
    Category = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    Description = Could not connect to the server;Could not connect to remote socket.