Re: Problem with windows Postgres 8.3.1 MSI binary distribution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Syra.Didelez@agfa.com
Subject Re: Problem with windows Postgres 8.3.1 MSI binary distribution
Date
List pgsql-general

Is the secondary logon service running on your system ?

- Syra Didelez -
Apogee Portal Deployment Manager
Apogee Portal Hotfix Manager
Agfa-Gevaert N.V.

Tel.: +32 3 444 4237
http://www.agfa.com

"Peter Geoghegan" <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com>
Sent by: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org

04/09/2008 04:34 PM

pgsql-general@postgresql.org
cc
Subject
[GENERAL] Problem with windows Postgres 8.3.1 MSI binary distribution

Hello,

I have a problem with the windows Postgres 8.3.1 MSI binary
distribution. When I attempt to install postgres 8.3.1
with postgres automatically creating its own user account, the
installer complains:

"Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3'(pgsql-8.3) failed to start.
Verify that you have sufficient priveleges to start system services."

This, despite the fact that 4 postgres.exe processes are now visible
in task manager, running as the just created postgres user. I believe
that the installer creates accounts with the ability to log on as a
service, and to log on locally, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, I've manually ensured that the account has these privelege in
"Local Security Settings", and the account I run
PGinstaller is an administrative account.

This is a new user account, not one from a previous postgres install.
I deleted all the older ones in the well hidden "Local Users and
Groups" dialog.

What should I do to prevent this messagebox from appearing, which
forces me to roll back the installation?

Regards,
Peter