Re: Books for experienced DB developer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: Books for experienced DB developer
Date
List pgsql-general
I installed pgadminIII and really enjoy their built in documentation reader
for PostgreSQL.  The documentation that came with pgadminIII had been
updated for the new version 8 features.

Rick

                      Geoffrey

                      <esoteric@3times25.net>        To:       pgsql-general@postgresql.org

                      Sent by:                       cc:

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos        Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Books for experienced DB developer

                      tgresql.org

                      01/07/2005 08:58 AM

Craig Bryden wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a very experienced MS-SQL developer. I am looking to port a
> database to PostgreSQL. Which books that are available would be ideal
> for someone who is already an experienced DB developer?

If you are experienced, I'd say you'd save yourself some cash and be
perfectly fine using the online docs.  I'll assume you'll be on a wintel
arch, based on your experience.  When you install Postgresql on a Linux
box, you get all the docs installed as well.  I don't know about the
windows install.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster