Re: App closes while trying to edit attributes - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: App closes while trying to edit attributes
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Thanks.  I'm sorry when I said the 513 version had a problem I used the
trunk version and not the 1.2 version you mentioned.  The 1.2 version works
fine.
However I still have the issue on pgadmin3-1.2-20050513.tar.bz2  with
copying or selecting text that causes the app to freeze up.  It does not
happen all the time and I can't seem to pinpoint when it will occur.

thanks
 again for the help

Patrick Hatcher

             "Florian G.
             Pflug"
             <fgp@phlo.org>                                             To
             Sent by:                  Patrick Hatcher
             pgadmin-hackers-o         <PHatcher@macys.com>
             wner@postgresql.o                                          cc
             rg                        pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [pgadmin-hackers] App closes
             05/17/05 12:48 PM         while trying to edit attributes

Patrick Hatcher wrote:
 > Patrick Hatcher wrote:
 >>OS:  Mac OS X Tiger
 >>snapshot:  pgadmin3-trunk-20050516.tar.bz2.tar
 >>
 >>When double clicking on a table, function or view, the app will crash.
 >>This error has occurred in previous versions as well
 >>
 >>attached is my log that occurred during the crash
 >>(See attached file: Pgadmin.log)
 >>TIA
 >>Patrick Hatcher
> First off sorry for not putting a title.
> I had the same issue with 5-13 version as well.
>
> Here are my results using different Snapshots (I tried all of these
today)
> pgadmin3-cvs-head-20050503.tar.bz2 -> works fine
> pgadmin3-trunk-20050506.tar.bz2 ->works fine
> pgadmin3-trunk-20050509.tar.bz2 -> works fine
> pgadmin3-trunk-20050512.tar.bz2 [had the startup error that was fixed on
> 5-13] -> FAILED after trying to edit an existing Function
> pgadmin3-trunk-20050514.tar.bz2 ->  FAILED after trying to edit an
existing
> Function
Hm.. I can reproduce this - I'll look into this.

I also tested the 1.2 branch, which seems to work fine.
If you don't need the additional feature of the current unstable
version, I suggest you use pgadmin3-1.2-20050513.tar.bz2.

I'm building a new version of the 1.2 branch at the moment - it
will apear on developer.pgadmin.org in a few hours.

greetings, Florian Pflug

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend