Re: Re: TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ken Hirsch
Subject Re: Re: TODO list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > TODO updated.  I know we did number 2, but did we agree on #1 and is
it
> > > done?
> >
> > #2 is indeed done.  #1 is not done, and possibly not agreed to ---
> > I think Vadim had doubts about its usefulness, though personally I'd
> > like to see it.
>
> That was my recollection too.  This was the discussion about testing the
> disk hardware.  #1 removed.

What is recommended in the bible (Gray and Reuter), especially for larger
disk block sizes that may not be written atomically, is to have a word at
the end of the that must match a word at the beginning of the block.  It
gets changed each time you write the block.

Ken Hirsch
All your database are belong to us.