Per-server univocal identifier - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Giampaolo Tomassoni
Subject Per-server univocal identifier
Date
Re: Per-server univocal identifier  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dears,

I'm looking for a way to univocally identify the server on which a sql function or statement is running. My idea would
besomething close to the value returned by a 'host -f' under linux: the FQDN of the host, but even a serial code or a
numberwould be fine to me. It needs only to be immutable, I guess.

I know there is something suitable under Oracle and, even worse, under mysql...

The purpose is mostly related to a light replication problem I have, in which I need to 'emulate' a multi-master
replicationon a table.

I placed a question on the IRC list and I found a couple of unreplied messages asking the same thing in the
pgsql-generallist.

Regards,

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4