Re: New to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: New to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 15:58:09 -0500 Steve Bergman <steve@rueb.com> wrote:
> As it happens I just got back from Barnes and Noble... empty handed.
> The only PostgreSQL book they had was "Practical PostgreSQL" from
> O'Reilly, Dec 2001.  I was really looking for "PostgreSQL: A
> Comprehensive Guide to Building, Programming, and Administering
> PostgreSQL Databases" by Korry Douglas and Susan Douglas, which is more
> recent (Fed, 2003) and seems to get good reviews.  Does anyone have any
> recommendations on a good book on PostgreSQL?

the douglas book is not bad at all. it seems to me that i bought my copy at
a Barnes & Noble.

i also use _Postgresql: Essential Reference_ quite a lot, although it is
missing a few things that i occasionally need to look up.

i have yet to see a decent treatment of PL/PGSQL anywhere.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net