Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:30:58 -0000 Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
attribution of my quote of Theo de Raadt got stripped some how:
> >    "Free means free"
>
> That is very ironic, considering it was a license audit that got PostgreSQL
> yanked from the OpenBSD distribution, all because they have an (IMO) irrational
> fear of being sued (by whom?) over a license that has held up for many,
> many years. Thus, OpenBSD does not consider us "free".

you call it irrational, but Theo did it based on advice from an attorney.

i do not wish to reopen the license debate, so this will be my last
post in this thread.

cheers,
  richard
--