Re: Afilias quote for Postgres 7.4 release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Heather Carle
Subject Re: Afilias quote for Postgres 7.4 release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I think to Andrew's point, we have been comfortable with the boiler plate
you have used in previous releases. I believe it lists Afilias in this
manner "Afilias Limited (supporting the technical back end of the .org and
.info domains)" which is ok.

The quote Andrew forwarded has been approved by our management --- feel free
to use it in the release. (I've pasted again below) If you have any
questions on it, just drop me an email.

Also, since I am responsible for all of Afilias' PR, if you'd like me to
once over the release when you've completed discussions on the content,
please let me know. From what I've seen so far I'd suggest tightening up the
lead and adding in the one big idea as to why 7.4 is important. Basically my
experience has been that you need to say everything in a short and concise
lead or the reporter doesn't even move his mouse to scroll down before
hitting the delete button :)

Cheers,
Heather
--
Heather D. Carle
Communications Manager

http://www.afilias.info <http://www.afilias.info>

APPROVED QUOTE:
"We have used PostgreSQL successfully for over two years in a
mission-critical capacity to support our registry systems," said Ram Mohan,
Chief Technology Officer for Afilias Limited, the company responsible for
running the backend database containing all .info and .org Internet domain
names worldwide.  "This upgrade of PostgreSQL improves the scalability and
capacity of PostgreSQL and will help to ensure continued advancements to
future releases.  For real-time operations, the planner/optimizer
enhancements adds more intelligence and allows more efficient operation of
the database.  In addition, the expanded trigger capabilities sets up the
basis for even further gains in future versions of PostgreSQL."