Running postmaster with TCP/IP (ipv4) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Adham Helal
Subject Running postmaster with TCP/IP (ipv4)
Date
List pgsql-admin
hey

I am a mysql guy, after reading a lot of reviews i decided to convert my co.
to postgresql. I am experimenting with pgsql for a week so far good.

I downloaded pgsql ver 7.4.1 and installed (./configure �with-java) but when
i start postmaster with -i  option i get this error �could not create IPv6
socket: Address family not supported by protocol� and i dont want ipv6 in
the first place. I only want ipv4. I tried to find something to disable ipv6
but i didn't

Where did i go wrong ? or how to fix it ?

My system slackware 9.1/ kernel 2.4.22

Thank you