RE: General Inquiry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cloete, F. (Francois)
Subject RE: General Inquiry
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
Apologies here is an example of the entry,

UTC [1436]: [1-1] user=[unknown],db=[unknown],app=[unknown],client=[local] LOG:  connection received: host=[local]

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 06 July 2022 02:50
To: Cloete, F. (Francois) <FrancoisClo@Nedbank.co.za>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: General Inquiry

[You don't often get email from horikyota.ntt@gmail.com. Learn why this is important at
https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER -  Please be careful when opening links and attachments. Nedbank - IT Information Security
Department(ISD)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Tue, 5 Jul 2022 08:49:40 +0000, "Cloete, F. (Francois)" <FrancoisClo@Nedbank.co.za> wrote in
> Good morning,
> Can you please confirm if I need to contact the postgresql community fro some assistance can I use this e-mail
addressor another e-mail ?

pgsql-general is the right place for that. Welcome.

> We keep on seeing the below entries in our postgresql.log file getting written what seems to be every millisecond.

> UTF [32640]: [1-1]
> user=[unknown],db=[unknown],app=[unknown],client=[local] L

Unfortunately the screen capture is missing the most significant part. But I guess that they are "LOG: connection
received".

If this is correct, log_connection is set to on on your server, which makes server record every incoming connection
likethis.  The frequent log lines mean that someone on the local host is frequently (trying) making connections to the
server.

If they are unexpected incoming connections, one possibility is that something like health-check or keep alive thing is
havinga wrong interval setting.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

********************
Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are
notan intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or
redistributeit by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in
error.Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities,
investmentproducts or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an
officialstatement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
representthose of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser