Re: General Inquiry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: General Inquiry
Date
List pgsql-general
At Tue, 5 Jul 2022 08:49:40 +0000, "Cloete, F. (Francois)" <FrancoisClo@Nedbank.co.za> wrote in
> Good morning,
> Can you please confirm if I need to contact the postgresql community fro some assistance can I use this e-mail
addressor another e-mail ?

pgsql-general is the right place for that. Welcome.

> We keep on seeing the below entries in our postgresql.log file getting written what seems to be every millisecond.

> UTF [32640]: [1-1] user=[unknown],db=[unknown],app=[unknown],client=[local] L

Unfortunately the screen capture is missing the most significant
part. But I guess that they are "LOG: connection received".

If this is correct, log_connection is set to on on your server, which
makes server record every incoming connection like this.  The frequent
log lines mean that someone on the local host is frequently (trying)
making connections to the server.

If they are unexpected incoming connections, one possibility is that
something like health-check or keep alive thing is having a wrong
interval setting.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi