Re: Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel E. Fisher
Subject Re: Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
I found the current version and ran pg_dumpall > backup

it dumped everything correctly....

I am now preforming the upgrade...to 7.3.4

Thanks for the help everyone...we will get this yet.

-Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Alvaro Herrera
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 4:19 PM
To: Daniel E. Fisher
Cc: PGSQL List
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:23:39PM -0400, Daniel E. Fisher wrote:
> Ok...ran into problems backing database up.
>
> trying to run  pg_dumpall > backup102003
>
> gives me
>
> Database version 7.3.3 compiled by gcc 2.96
> Archiver DB  ver 7.1.3
> Aborting cause of version mismatch.

Huh... apparently you are running pg_dumpall from a very old version.
You should look around your system for a more recent version ... don't
trust you PATH on this!  Use pg_dumpall --version and check the version
number.

BTW, you should be using 7.3.4 anyway.  I just had somebody with a
postmaster that refused to start because of a bug in 7.3.3 on another
list.

Licensee shall have no right to use the Licensed Software
for productive or commercial use. (Licencia de StarOffice 6.0 beta)

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend