Re: Pg module for Perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From david@fetter.org (David Fetter)
Subject Re: Pg module for Perl
Date
List pgsql-general
Barbara Lindsey <blindsey@cog.ufl.edu> wrote:
> If this is the wrong list, let me know...

> I am trying to install the Pg DBD module for Perl DBI and am having
> a problem. It keeps coming up asking if I read the README file,
> which i have several times.   The perl Makefile.PL and make seem to
> run without problems, but the make test fails.  I have confirmed
> that Postgres is running fine.  I've been able to create schema and
> tables and load data.  I have re-built Perl 5.8.2, I have installed
> PostgreSQL v7.4 and DBI-1.38.  Then I tried installing
> pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 and it just wont work.  Have I picked up the wrong
> module?  Are there some specific configs required for any of these
> to support the Pg DBD?

> Any help appreciated.
> Barb

Barb,

Try setting $DBI_DSN to something like dbi:Pg:test before trying to
install DBD::Pg

in bash, that reads

export DBI_DSN=dbi:Pg:test

in (t)csh, it's

setenv DBI_DSN dbi:Pg:test

HTH :)

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray,
Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the
right answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind
of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
                                                    Charles Babbage