Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, I have heard this before, but I would like to know specifically how
> is PostgreSQL harder to administer than MySQL.  Knowing that will help
> us address the issue.

I find this statement about pgsql being hard to admin a bit hard to swallow
as well. Maybe it's cause pgsql is all i've _really_ used, and did tech
support
for it for a while.

I've had a few run in's with mysql[ for personal projects] and tried toapproach it with an open mind, but often i find
thedocumentation is

unclear
and hard to follow.

PostgreSQL has GREAT documentation and it feels very straight forward to
run.

The only problem is convincing everyone else that.