Re: Bug(?) with cursors using aggregate functions. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Scherrey
Subject Re: Bug(?) with cursors using aggregate functions.
Date
List pgsql-general
Actually I'm using pyPgSQL. How does ASODB do this? Does it know some lower-level calls to
determine absolute position or just it just cache ALL results from the query up front? If the former,
then I'd like to know how they do it and perhaps I can implement this for pyPgSQL.

    thanx & later,

        Ben Scherrey

4/29/2003 11:04:47 AM, Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> wrote:

>If you are using PHP, the ADODB library will do caching of results on the server file system and
allow you to 'cursor' through it. Of course, if you need requerying, you'd have to trigger that and pay
the time penalty.