Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Subject Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13
Date
Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
>On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 04:34:34PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le mar. 30 mars 2021 à 16:10, Susan Joseph <sandajoseph@verizon.net> a écrit :
>>
>>     I am currently using PostgreSQL 11.2 and would like to try and upgrade it
>>     to the latest version 13.  Can I go straight from 11 to 13 or do I need to
>>     upgrade to 12 first and then to 13?
>>

>> You can go straight to 13.

>We get this question often.  Why do people feel they need to upgrade to
>intermediate releases?  If we knew, maybe we could better clarify this.

I believe this is coming from the Oracle world. You can, e.g.not directly go from 9 to18. There are supported upgrade
pathsand you need to stick to those, but they are documented.

Regards
Daniel