Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/30/21 7:09 AM, Susan Joseph wrote:
> I am currently using PostgreSQL 11.2 and would like to try and upgrade
> it to the latest version 13.  Can I go straight from 11 to 13 or do I
> need to upgrade to 12 first and then to 13?

You can do this using either dump/restore or pg_upgrade. The important
part is to remember to use the new versions of the upgrade programs,
version 13 pg_dump to dump the 11 instance and version 13 of pg_restore
to restore or version 13 of pg_upgrade.

The other important thing is to read the release notes for version 12
and 13 to see if any of the changes may affect you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com