Re: A simpler way to configure the source code? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I feel having the "fringe features" more tested is a great
> > idea, and will lead to a better PostgreSQL, and therefore
> > happier users.  :)  A friendly, and decently-easy-to-user
> > interactive setup (Linux "menuconfig" kernel style?) would be
> > beneficial.
> >
> > If it doesn't add signifcant overhead to maintenance, and is
> > very portable, it sounds to me like a good idea.
> >

> +1 (not that this is a vote :-) )

Hmmm...yuck.  I think a --with-everything is a good idea, but surely all
that needs be done is make the regression test test everything?  It's
annoying little setup scripts that make porting things to FreeBSD a pain...

-1

Chris