Re: unicode in 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karen Ellrick
Subject Re: unicode in 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
> my isp recently upgraded form postgreSQL 7.0 to 7.1.  It went pretty well
> but I just discovered that non-english characters are now in the database
> as a question mark-- inserting non-english characters produces a ? as
> well.  Any idea what has gone wrong and what we need to do to fix this?

Without any more info it's only a guess, but did the ISP folks forget to use
the --enable-multibyte=<favorite_charset> during the "configure" step of
installation?  If they had multibyte enabled before and didn't this time,
that could explain the problem.

Regards,

Karen Ellrick
S & C Technology, Inc.
1-21-35 Kusatsu-shinmachi
Hiroshima  733-0834  Japan
(from U.S. 011-81, from Japan 0) 82-293-2838