Re: Core reported from vaccum function. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)
Subject Re: Core reported from vaccum function.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Alvaro,

Thanks Alvaro for your time and suggestions.Yes we do understand that we
are expected to use the higher versions.But as Bruce pointed out
already,the same is NOT recommended when there is NO imperative
reason.Hence we were just in the process of validating and justifying
the upgrade.

Thanks,
Prasanna.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvaro Herrera [mailto:alvherre@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:18 PM
To: Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; Tom Lane; Rao, Srikanth R (STSD);
Racharla, Chakravarthy (STSD); Manchenahalli, Raghunandan (STSD);
Hebbar, Raghavendra (STSD)
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Core reported from vaccum function.

Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD) wrote:

> Thanks Alvaro,for your deliberate explanation.But few more
> clarifications are requested as we are too novice to postgreSQL.

Let me give you this piece of advice, since you are too novice to
PostgreSQL:

Do NOT continue to run 7.4.2.  Upgrade to 7.4.17.  Not doing so is just
a waste of your time and ours.

--
Alvaro Herrera
http://www.CommandPrompt.com/