PostgreSQL Opportunity Minutes Away from the Golden Gate Bridge - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Borbely, Richard
Subject PostgreSQL Opportunity Minutes Away from the Golden Gate Bridge
Date
List pgsql-jobs

Hello Everyone,

I hope you’re all having a great day.  One of TEKsystems’ startup clients is seeking a PostgreSQL Database Engineer in beautiful Northern California.  This full-time opportunity is located just 10 minutes North of San Francisco via The Golden Gate Bridge.  This company has a very short line of hierarchy (this engineer would report directly to The COO).  In addition, this company offers a very competitive/lucrative salary and definitely has the look and feel of a startup atmosphere.  For those software professionals focused on advancing their careers, this company is on the cutting edge of technology and provides training on these technologies.  Scala and PostgreSQL are just a couple technologies that you will be exposed to.

Please read the details below.  If you feel you may be qualified for this position, please send me an email or call me on my direct line which is below.  I would be happy to tell you more about the environment and learn about your career goals.

Best Regards,

Rich

Company Overview:

Our client is building the next generation of Internet messaging applications; we want to fundamentally change how marketers and developers think about, use and engage in all manner of digital messaging. Our client provides a cloud-native application for enabling and powering Internet messaging across email, mobile and social platforms, helping to ensure deliverability of critical communications, transactional and marketing messages. Market leading enterprises as well as social, mobile, and web application developers rely on our client to manage the trust relationship between senders and recipients.

We are a well funded and quickly growing company that values and encourages intellectual thinking in a collaborative team environment.  Although our primary focus is on delivering a successful product to the marketplace, we are just as focused on creating a work place that is accommodating, balanced and transformative both personally and professionally. We are backed by True Ventures and our executive leadership team consists of visionary talents from several large Internet brands, including co-founders from Twitter and Webshots.  Our headquarters is located in Southern Marin County, CA.

Our client has an opening on our highly motivated and creative development team! We don’t preach, we practice Agile software development in a combined development and operations structure that encourages mentorship and learning.

Requirements:

  • 5+ years Database Configuration & Management, Query Optimization, and System Tuning

·         Proficient in Java programming – some experience in Scala preferred but not required.  This would be a great opportunity to learn the skill set

·         Familiarity or proficiency in Ruby (not Rails), Bash etc. a plus

  • Happy to work in either PostgreSQL or MySQL
  • Database monitoring and performance tuning
  • Familiarity with both OLTP and OLAP database design principals
  • Demonstrate ability to learn our code base and process quickly
  • Be intellectually curious yet ready to share with others
  • Bonus skills; Chef, Postgres replication, Cassandra, Hadoop, liquibase and data warehouses Experience with Splunk
  • Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including prototyping, test and product release and maintenance
  • Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent work experience

WE OFFER:

·         Intellectual challenges

·         Collaborative structure

·         Competitive salary

·         Stock Options

·         Excellent health care benefits, 401K, and FSA plan

·         Professional growth through industry and office mentoring programs

·         Enriching work environment that provides intellectual stimulus on an ongoing basis.

·         Weekly catered lunches and company BBQ’s (we believe breaking bread together is a fundamental part of our ability to work collaboratively and efficiently)

·         A health minded snack bar that’d make Whole Foods jealous

·         Optional exercise classes

·         A relaxed, dog friendly office environment

RICH BORBELY | TECHNICAL RECRUITER

201 THIRD ST., SUITE 1020, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
T 415.343.6018   M 619.618.6854

cid:image001.jpg@01CD26B2.F4EE1410

Ranked # 1 IT Staffing Company 10 years in a row by IT Services Business Report

The greatest compliment to our business is a referral. If you know of someone within the IT industry who is looking for work, or who is hiring, TEKsystems can be of assistance. Please feel free to pass on our contact information. Thank You.

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

Attachment