advice on Replication for a Specific Scenario - Mailing list pgsql-cluster-hackers

From Donald Kerr
Subject advice on Replication for a Specific Scenario
Date
List pgsql-cluster-hackers
Hopefully this question is posted in the correct list. Apologies if that's not the case.

It's quite a simple question but I am not sure of the answer.

The scenario is a server (master database - PostgreSQL/PostGIS) containing gis information (lots of it - Maybe up to 80Gb in about 25 tables). This serves maps to clients across an internal intranet. There are also 200 clients (maybe up to 400 in the future) that are mobile, i.e. in vehicles, each with there own readonly copy of PostgreSQL/PostGIS serving maps locally on the vehicles. If I update tables with fresh information on the master, on a quarterly basis, I would like these updates to be trickled out to the copies that exist on the vehicles. The vehicles are on wireless lan for about 80% of the time but are out and about for the other 20%.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

Regards,

Donald