Check PostgreSQL status using MS-DOS bat file? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Loughrey, Hugh
Subject Check PostgreSQL status using MS-DOS bat file?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I want to write a MS-DOS command to check that the PostgreSQL database is up and running and able to accept data being pushed to it. From a bit of reading I’ve identified the pg_ctl status command, but can this be incorporated into a *.bat file and can the resulting status be recorded in a *.txt file? If so does anyone have a command which would enable this?

Regards

Hugh Loughrey
GIS Application Analyst
Hoople Ltd | Thorn Office Centre | Hereford HR2 6JT
Tel: 01432 383566 | Email: hugh.loughrey@hoopleltd.co.uk

“Any opinion expressed in this e-mail or any attached files are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Hoople Ltd. You should be aware that Hoople Ltd. monitors its email service. This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. This communication may contain material protected by law from being passed on. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of it.