Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch
Date
List pgsql-www

On Aug 1, 2017, at 4:40 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

On 30 Jul 2017, at 23:09, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2017, at 5:06 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2017, at 5:04 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

On 07/30/2017 01:40 PM, Christophe Pettus wrote:

On Jul 30, 2017, at 13:36, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
I think this is a valid request and I would +1 it too, however I would like to push implementation to a different patch / thread as AFAIK there needs to be a “funds group” set up.

If there is consensus that having the group is a good idea, I'd recommend not pushing this patch until it is set up, rather than having it go up once with an individual and then again with a mailing list.  It seems fairly straight-forward to set up the group; is there a reason we can't hold the patch for that administrative task?

The PostgreSQL Funds Group already exists and has a mailing list at that
address (funds-group <funds-group@postgresql.org>)

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGFGCharter
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGFGMembers

Ah, I did not know.  Perfect!  I will add it to the patch.

Included email address update attached.

A <ul> is not allowed inside a <p>, just removing the paragraph blocks around
the <ul> is fine in these cases:

+<p>
+  <ul>

Understood.  I did have that before, however the formatting on the page was more bunched together and was less readable.

While not technically part of this patch, since you’re in here working on the
community section you can change the PGEU Donate link (in the last unchanged
line of this hunk) to use https since it will redirect there anyways:

-<p>PostgreSQL Europe is a European region non profit focusing on the support of other PostgreSQL groups in Europe.
+<p>PostgreSQL Europe is a European region non profit focusing on the support of other PostgreSQL groups in Europe.
 You may also use this link to donate to specific European groups such as those in Germany or the

I will make the change.

Changes attached.  I will be pushing this up before EOD.

Thank you again everyone for your feedback!

Jonathan

Attachment